This dish was in the rotation of meals my Mom would use growing up. I don’t think Strawberry Point had a Chorizo option at our small grocery store in 1982, so she made it with ground pork and did her best to add in the spices from around the world. The nice part about our Chorizo is that you really don’t have to add extra seasoning.
- 1 package 99 Counties Ground Chorizo Sausage
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup water
- Half a can of tomato paste
- Half a lime for juice
- ½ cup cheese
- Sautee the chorizo until cooked through and set aside.
- Add rice, lime juice, water, and tomato paste to the skillet and mix together.
- Add back in the chorizo.
- Hollow out the bell peppers and stuff with the chorizo mixture.
- Top with cheese and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. I like a little bit of crunch still in my peppers so I don’t cook them until soft. If you want the peppers cooked through you can wrap them up or cook them a little longer.